Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Poem

My Summer Poem


Big Dreams born under
Star-clustered night skies
Silly, childish ideas explored
In the middle of a sun-kissed day

A million people surrounding me
But only few I choose to see
All of us together smiling
A moment when the world wasn’t turning.

Little, jealous, stupid games
Are reflected in our fake smiles
Like a small dark spot, hard to see
Hidden in a perfect golden memory

The summer sun illuminates
A time when everyone was where
They wanted to be
Content to live in the moment

But August comes flying through time
Cutting summer off too early
The end of a chapter for some
The beginning of one for others

As I walk through the doors,
I feel like Alice in Wonderland
Lost in a strange new world
And one third my actual size

As the sun goes down on summer
And the moon rises on the school year
It’s my time to decide
Whether this will be the end of a good thing

Or the beginning of another.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment